Out and about in Wheatley
If you choose a new Beechcroft home in Wheatley, you’ll have all the delights of a vibrant village atmosphere and a sense that traditional values really matter. You’ll discover good local shops, a supermarket – or two – and somewhere you can meet friends for a coffee or a meal. Wheatley has its own doctor, dentist and pharmacy – along with a post office, hairdresser and churches.
– Family butcher’s, artisan bakery and delicatessen
– Post office
– Branch of the Co-op and Asda
– Two garden centres – one with a coffee shop
– Hairdresser and nail salon
– Medical and dental surgeries and a pharmacy
– Indian restaurant and several local pubs
– Churches including St Mary’s C of E, The United Reform Church and the Evangelical Community Church
Making the most of life in Wheatley
The best way to make the most of your retirement is to indulge your passions and discover new ones. With golf clubs nearby, the local sports centre providing classes for all ages and abilities and some beautiful walks across Shotover Country Park or along the River Thame you’ll be spoilt for choice.
There’s so much to do in Wheatley, from meditation, walking, jogging and Pilates to coffee mornings and quizzes, you’ll begin to wonder how ever you filled your time before retirement.
– Art and Craft Groups
– Wheatley Community Choir & Wheatley Singers
– Bridge and Scrabble Clubs
– Badminton Club
– Women’s Institute
– Village Produce Association with monthly meetings
– Community Club and Bereavement Support Group for 60+
– Walking groups